Saturday, June 11, 2011

Looking forward

I hoped this post would include a photo of me sporting Caruso Curls, but it was not meant to be. I filled up the little steamer with water, plugged it in, and waited with foam rollers in hand for steam to start spouting out the top. I recalled it didn't take long...so when it hadn't started steaming within a few minutes I consulted the box, which said "steamer-ready in 30 seconds". Disappointment.

But on to more important things. In just four short days, we are off to Brussels! In honor of this, I went to a Belgian bakery, Manuel Latruwe this morning for breakfast.



I was in Madison two weeks ago, and we went for breakfast at Lazy Jane's. I had a morning bun as a warm up to my eggs and had forgotten how delicious they are. I have been thinking about them for two weeks. I am not kidding. RTC will attest to this. This morning that was all I wanted to eat. So I looked for a recipe and luckily found the original--from the original--Ovens of Brittany.

Unfortunately, if I started them this morning, I would not have them until tomorrow morning. And besides the issue of wanting them NOW, there is a lot on the to-do list this weekend.

Then I remembered Manuel Latruwe. And that it is Belgian. So I used this to justify getting in the car and driving over there (this is normally a bike-to location, but it is a miserable day in Calgary so I allowed myself an indulgent drive).

It was delicious, and I even managed to save RTC some. However, if he stays at the office too long he may be out of luck. I can only let that stuff sit in a bag on the counter for so long.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are having fun in Brussels. I am sad about the Caruso Curls but glad you gave it a try!

    ReplyDelete